Family Medicine Clinic
Family Medicine services are offered at our Price and Huntington locations.
Family medicine clinicians possess unique attitudes, skills and knowledge which qualify them to provide ongoing, comprehensive medical care to each member of the family. Unlike other specialties that are limited to a particular organ or disease, family medicine clinicians are the only specialists qualified to treat most ailments and provide comprehensive health care for people of all ages — from newborns to seniors. This looks like:
- Caring for patients regardless of age or health condition, sustaining an enduring and trusting relationship
- Understanding community-level factors and social determinants of health
- Serving as a patient’s first contact for health concerns
- Navigating the health care system with patients, including specialist and hospital care coordination and follow-up
- Using data and technology to coordinate services and enhance care
- Considering the impact of health on a patient’s family
It is the combination of passion for the patients and a depth of knowledge of the human body that makes family medicine such a unique, effective specialty. Access to a regular family medicine clinician has been linked to:
- Lower infant mortality
- Higher birth weights
- Immunization rates above national standards
- Lower overall health care costs
- Longer, healthier lives
I need a prescription refilled. What do I do?
Request the refill through the automated system provided by your pharmacy even if the prescription says there are no more refills. The pharmacy will contact us electronically with the request. We will review the request and respond within 48 business hours. If your request is approved, you will be automatically notified and can contact your pharmacy to pick up your medication. Keeping everything electronic really does speed up the process and help to reduce errors.
At times, we may need to see you for an appointment before we can honor your request. In these instances, we will contact you directly. We will also electronically notify your pharmacy that the refill request has been declined.